5.08.2003

It's been close to three years ever since we established an artist's support group and it's almost a year since we last met together doing activities that fostered creativity bonding different artist together. Back then I was one of those who helped thought of those activities I wasn't a facilitator. I'm an introvert, I don't talk to people much. Now that the group's meeting again for weeks minus my friends and co-founders I'm forced to take charge of the group. At first I was in denial, I couldn't and wouldn't take the job vacated by my friends. I was willing to attend the meetings, become an observer and that's it. I was afraid of making a mess of things so I took the easy way out. But you just can't leave these people without doing anything. If you're given the opportunity to lead would you give it up? Turning one's back on something he's meant to do will be like, as one prophet said in the past, "a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." *sigh* In my search for help in how to go about it I came across this site that details a series of workshops custom made for artists, writers, and performers. At least I have something to work on this time.